FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
All orders are shipped with DHL. Orders over $250 are shipped for free, and orders under $250 are $20AUD (Domestic) and $40AUD (International).
ARE PRICES IN USD OR AUD?
Australian dollars (AUD).
HOW DO I WORK OUT MY SIZE?
- Organise a studio appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or make an appointment here.
- Purchase an adjustable ring sizer and we will post it out to you.
- Carefully measure the internal diameter of an existing ring which fits and send us the measurement in mm's.
- Visit a local jeweller and have them size your finger or an existing ring.
- An incorrect size will incur a $50AUD re-size fee, excluding return postage.
- Some rings cannot be re-sized and we reserve the right to refuse a ring re-sizing.
DO YOU SHIP WORLDWIDE?
Yes! Some exclusions apply.
CAN I CUSTOMISE A PIECE?
WHERE'S MY ORDER?
Most of our jewellery pieces are hand-made to order. We require between 2-8 weeks for production, depending on intricacy of design and material availability. If we have your item in stock (T-shirts, candles etc) we will ship same day or the following business day. Production times may vary due to fluctuations in supply chain and Covid-19.
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 9CT, 14CT AND 18CT GOLD?
The carat number refers to the amount of gold in the alloy. 9ct is 37.5% pure gold and an alloy of copper, zinc, silver, palladium or platinum depending on whether it's yellow, white or rose gold. 18ct gold is 75% pure gold, hence the higher price.
WHY HAS MY RING GONE BLACK (DISCOLOURED)?
Silver can react with acidity in the wearers skin. This can be caused by cosmetics, perspiration, medication or a high ph level. A gentle polish with a metal-specific polishing cloth can remedy this.
ARE SEB BROWN DIAMONDS ETHICALLY SOURCED?
We source diamonds from a reputable diamond dealer in Melbourne, Australia. Our diamond supplier is a signatory of the Kimberly Process, ensuring rough diamonds sourced are conflict-free.
CAN I SUPPLY EXISTING GEMSTONES OR GOLD FOR A NEW PIECE?
Yes, we will need to physically see, measure and assess whether gemstones are suitable. We can also remove these from existing jewellery. We are unable to use supplied metals.
IS SEB BROWN JEWELLERY SUSTAINABLE?
- 100% of our gold and silver rings are made from recycled refined metals.
- We use the highest quality gemstones, pearls and diamonds available.
- Each piece is hand-made to order in our Melbourne studio by trained artisans, who are paid above the award rate.
- We generate almost no waste and recycle all metal offcuts.
- We make to order, and almost never mark down our products.